[gecode-users] Extending Actor for actions

David Rijsman David.Rijsman at quintiq.com
Wed Aug 6 14:34:36 CEST 2008

I am working on a search framework using Gecode and have a question concerning the following.

My search generates a node containing actions to be executed where an action can be an arbitrary operation including generating a disjunction or conjunction of (sub-)actions. The execution of an action consisting out of a disjunction of actions will generate new nodes. Each node (approximately, skipping some optimization) will contain a copy of the Space instance and should contain a copy of the (stack of) actions to be executed. An action can have attributes such as variables and for this reason the clone of the action(stack)s should be included in the clone of the Space instance to make use of the forwarding of the pointers of the variable implementations.

My question is if it is possible to introduce new classes which will be cloned (like the Branching extensions) when the Space::clone is invoked without having to change anything in the Space. I think extending the Actor class might do it but I thought I ask instead of trying to reverse engineer.

hope this makes some sense,

David J Rijsman
Software Architect
Quintiq

T +31 (0)73 691 07 39
F +31 (0)73 691 07 54
M +31 (0)62 127 68 29
E david.rijsman at quintiq.nl
I www.quintiq.com

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change, therefore they are not binding.