[gecode-users] Bugs in Gecode/J

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Apr 30 09:41:02 CEST 2008

Malcolm Ryan wrote:

> I've just discovered that at least one source of the crashes I've
> encountered is linked to my use of a TimeStop on search. I hope this
> helps.

At least it explains why it's so difficult to reproduce, if it's
related to concrete timing.  Unfortunately, the error log you sent us
does not show what exactly goes wrong.
We'll have a look at Stop objects, but I doubt we'll find something
just by looking at the code.  The only way to debug this would be if
you could either give one of us access to the machine where it
crashes, so that we can run it in gdb and dig a little deeper, or, if
that's not possible, that you try running it in the debugger yourself
and tell us exactly where it crashes.  Of course, as it depends on
timing, the bug may just disappear in a debug build, or when run in
gdb...