[gecode-users] Subclassing JavaBrancingDesc

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 8 04:30:34 CEST 2008

Is there any reason why JavaBranchingDesc is final in Gecode/J? My
problem naturally has a number of different kinds of branch
descriptions depending on what variable they apply to. It is annoying
to have to encode this into some arbitrary integer and then decode it
again when I commit. It would be much nice to have a collection of
different BranchingDesc classes each with their own commit method.

Malcolm