[gecode-users] Extending Integer Variable

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Mon Apr 7 08:22:19 CEST 2008

> let me first elaborate a little bit how Gecode's variables and propagators
> are structured before I actually attempt to give an answer.
> What do you want to do? Do you think it me be generally useful to be
> included in Gecode anyway?

Hi,

I am currently thinking of implementing floating-point-based variables
(maybe based on Boost.Interval), so thanks for the summary :-)

Anyway, before I decided that I need floating-point numbers, I was
thinking why you can't have "long long"-based variables when you already
have IntVars. On 64bit platforms, long long might be an interesting
choice IMO. But I realize that if that should be a part of Gecode, it
would probably mean adding template parameters to many classes/functions
and maybe it would make things less understandable. But then, if it's
only restricted to integral types, who knows.... the point is that
there's a lot of work done for the IntVars, so it'd be great to reuse it.

Regards,
Filip