[gecode-users] Gist suggestion

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:14:02 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

>  On 04/04/2008, at 2:35 PM, Malcolm Ryan wrote:
>  > Could you please add an option to Gist which does "run until failure"?
>  > It would be useful in debugging.

The functionality is probably best handled by a Stop-object.
Unfortunately, Gecode/J Gist does not accept Stop objects currently.
We'll see if it seems reasonable to do for the next release.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be too hard to add yourself.

>  Another thing that would be good would be to force the recomputation
>  of a particular branch. So that I could put breakpoints in the
>  branching code and examine selected calls to desc() by recomputing
>  particular spots in the tree.

I'm not sure if this is a generally useful feature, but it shouldn't
be to hard to do yourself. Essentially, what you would need is to add
a function to clear all saved copies from the tree apart from the root
node. Accessing any node would after this need to do a recomputation
from the root.

Cheers,
Mikael

--