[gecode-users] status of Space* in Branching::copy

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Tue Sep 4 15:32:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

one thing that keeps me occupied: when a branching or propagator is
cloned, the space instance it is passed is just partially constructed.
This makes it difficult to make references to any data inside the space
(which is simply not there yet in e.g. Branching::copy). Is there no
other way? I understand that the branching/propagator cloning takes
place in Space copy ctor, but it would be far more convenient for me to
get a fully-constructed space in Branching::copy. (For example, I'm
unable to construct some non-trivial references to space's data in my
branching, as this initialization can't be moved out of the constructor.)

Cheers,
Filip