[gecode-users] Compiling Gecode examples under MAC OS X 10.3.4

Mauricio Toro mauriciotorob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:41:22 CET 2007

Hello Gecode people

I am doing some research about real time interpreters for constraint process
calculi
with the AVISPA research group.

I have tried, with no success, to compile the GECODE examples under MAC OS X
10.3.4 for ppc
using g++ 3.3.
I would like to know how the compilation process is achieved? How the
makefile is done?
Do you have any examples about compiling the Gecode examples? It does not
matter
whether they are developed in a different MAC OS version or Linux.

I tried to compile the knights examples this way:

g++ -o examples/knights examples/knights.o examples/support.o
examples/timer.o  -L. -I. -I. -I. -fPIC -Wall -ggdb -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-finline-limit=3000 -ffast-math  -fPIC -Wall -ggdb -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing
-finline-limit=3000  -ffast-math   -lgecodeminimodel -lgecodeset -lgecodeint
-lgecodesearch -lgecodekernel

But I do not know how to generate the .o files required.

By the way, I heard that gcc 3.3 does not work well with GECODE, gcc 3.4 is
ok ?
gcc > 4 does not work with mac OS < 10.3.5

Thank you very much

--
Mauricio Toro Bermudez
Pontifica Universidad Javeriana