[gecode-users] Real time interpreters using GECODE

Mauricio Toro mauriciotorob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:38:19 CET 2007

Hello Gecode Comunity !

Together with the AVISPA research group we are trying to develop
a real time interpreter for a process calculus called
Non deterministic Timed Concurrent Constraint (NTCC), this calculus is a
non deterministic extension to the Timed Concurrent Constraint Calculus
(TCC).

In the past, some implementations were done using Mozart OZ using
combinators, but the
real time was not achieved. We are now considering using GECODE with
reification, but the whole concurrency syncronization seems to be a big
problem, additionally
reification could be not general enough.

We are also considering using GECOL (the lisp wraper of GECODE) because we
want to model music improvisation with the NTCC interpreted, and LISP has
been widely
used for computer music.

- Do you considered that a real time interpreter can be done with GECODE?
- What about GECOL? fast enough?
- What other options could we consider to make the interpreter?

Thank you very much

--
Mauricio Toro Bermudez
Pontifica Universidad Javeriana