[gecode-users] Writing a Branching

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 07:13:57 CET 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 4:18 AM, Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> On 21/11/2007, at 5:37 PM, Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist wrote:
>
> > On Nov 21, 2007 2:14 AM, Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au>
> > wrote:
> >> I need to write my own Branching for my problem. Is there any
> >> documentation on how they work? Or are there any examples?
> >
> > There is a very simple example in examples/QueensJavaPropagator.java.
> >
> > The best documentation is currently the one supplied with Gecode:
> > http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/classGecode_1_1Branching.html
>
> Is there a java class which represents the built-in branching (ie the
> one used by Gecode.branching()). I'd like to make make custom
> branching delegate to the builtin in certain circumstances (on a
> particular subset of variables).

No, the standard branching class is not exposed in Java. On the other
hand, I'm not sure what you aim to do. You can have more than one
branching in a Space, so you can have a standard branching
instantiating all variables after your custom branching is finished.

Note that there is a bug in Gecode 1.3.1 that forces you to post all
branchings in the root-space.

Cheers,
Mikael

--