[gecode-users] Writing a Branching

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 07:37:59 CET 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 2:14 AM, Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> I need to write my own Branching for my problem. Is there any
> documentation on how they work? Or are there any examples?

There is a very simple example in examples/QueensJavaPropagator.java.

The best documentation is currently the one supplied with Gecode:
http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/classGecode_1_1Branching.html

Note that we currently do not support subclassing BranchingDesc in
Java, instead we supply a single one called JavaBranchingDesc which
has two integer memebers (accessed through pos() and val()). This will
most probably be changed for Gecode/J 2.0.0.

Hope this helps,
Mikael

--
Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/