[gecode-users] Stop in

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:36:36 CEST 2007

On 5/16/07, Antonio Leitao <aml at gia.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> I'm using Gecode/J with the graphical interface Gist.  Unfortunately, for
> large search spaces, Gist or Gecode/J stop every 5000 nodes (more or less)
> and I would like to let it run for larger periods of time (and space).
>
> I tried using the Options class parameters -fails and -time but it didn's
> change anything.  I even rewrote the FailStop class that is provided with
> the examples so that the method stop always return false but, once again,
> without any differences in Gecode/Gist behavior.

The cutoff value for how many nodes to visit in Gist can be changed
under preferences in the file menu-

You might want to consider if you really want to explore a large
search-space with Gist, it is not what it is designed to do.. Using
just Gecode/J will be much more efficient, and of course using Gecode
directly is even more efficient.

Cheers,
Mikael

--