[gecode-users] Gecode/J install error

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue May 8 18:46:26 CEST 2007

Hi.

Ivan Tamayo wrote:

> I'm trying to install Gecode/J 1.3.1 in Windows XP SP2.  I've
> installed JDK 6, but the Gecode MSI installer show an error "Can't
> find JDK 5".

That is strange. The message I get (on a system where no JDK is
installed at all) is that "Sun JDK was not found", i.e., it doesn't
mention version 5. Are you sure that you have the latest version of
the MSI installer package? Sometimes browsers cache too aggressively...

If you do have the latest version, please give us some more detailed
information. E.g., is the JDK installed in the standard location?
Does your registry contain the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java
Development Kit\1.6?

> Reading the mailing list I find that there are people using Gecode
> with Java 6, is there a problem with the MSI installer?

Currently, there is a problem, but only if you have JDK 5 installed
instead of JDK 6. We are working on this and hope to provide a
solution within the next days. Anyway, your problem appears to be the
exact opposite.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack