[gecode-users] value-consistency definition

Mikael De Bie mikael.debie at student.uclouvain.be
Thu May 3 11:29:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've searched for a definition of value-consistency, but I don't really
find it.

What I've understood is that using the value-consistency is no more than
a constraint checking. So, there's no propagation in this case.

Saying that a constraint is value-consistent should then mean that it
exists a value for each involved variable such that the constraint is
satisfied.

Examples :
X in {1, 2, 3}
Y in {3, 4, 5}
the constraint X = Y is value-consistent.

X in {1, 2, 3}
Y in {4, 5, 6}
the constraint X = Y isn't value-consistent.

Am I right ?

Mikaël