[gecode-users] AllInterval Series

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Jun 6 07:15:39 CEST 2007

Hi.

Nick Hindle wrote:
> In the All-Interval series example, I cannot work out how values
> for the private member IntVarArray x are initialised.
>
> According to the specification in www.CSPLib.org, this var array
> holds the numbers 0,1,...11 to represent the pitch-classes c, c#,
> d, etc.
>
> Could someone help me understand how they are initialised in this
> example?

This is the more general version, also explained in prob007 of
csplib. Instead of a sequence x_0,...,x_11 with domains 0..11, you
have a sequence x_0,...,x_n with domains 0..n. Initialization of x is
done using the initializer expression x(this, opt.size, 0, opt.size -
1).

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack