[gecode-users] help me on compiling gecode

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 15:52:50 CET 2007

On 2/20/07, xiang.gan at kcl.ac.uk <xiang.gan at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>    When I compile gecode under gentoo. I got the error below. I tried
> gcc-3.4.4 and gcc-4.1.2 and gcc-4.1.0. The error is the same.
>   Can you give me some suggestion? Thank you very much.

The error that gcc reports is only reported by gcc 3.3 and earlier
(and is due to a bug in gcc, fixed in versions later than 3.3). In
other words, it sounds like your compilation uses gcc 3.3, and not 3.4
or later. This leads to two questions:

a) How did you configure Gecode?

b) What is the result of running g++ --version in the same shell where
you try to compile Gecode.

Cheers,
Mikael

--