[gecode-users] branchings methods Space* arguments

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Fri Aug 31 10:38:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

my new propagators run just fine :-) Now I wanted to do create a
branching, and I don't understand why status(), descrption() and
commit() take the "Space *home" parameter. I thought that a branching is
bound to "its" space in the constructor, and that it would always
operate on that space. I also thought that it would, in the constructor
or in the post() function, create some views of some variables in the
space, and operate on them instead of accessing the space directly. In
fact, the same holds for propagators as well.

Can you explain, please?

Thanks,
Filip