[gecode-users] How Can I use Gecode/J with Eclipse

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Aug 23 20:16:47 CEST 2007

Hi!

> I have tried to use the Gecodej.jar within Eclipse but it is giving me
> error, saying Gecode native code can't be loaded. How can I use Gecode/J
> with other application ?

I don't use Eclipse, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.  But you
should make sure that certain paths are set.  In particular, the property
java.library.path has to point to a directory containing the file
GecodeJ.dll on Windows or libgecodej.so on Linux.  Furthermore, the
location where the other Gecode libraries are installed (i.e.
GecodeKernel.dll etc. on Windows, and libgecodekernel.so etc. on Linux)
has to be on the system library path (which is PATH on Windows and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux).  I hope this helps you solve the problem!

Guido Tack
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack