[gecode-users] Attempt to invoke operation on failed space?

Peter Tiedemann petert at itu.dk
Wed Apr 18 12:00:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was wondering what the common causes were of the above error?

Im running a DFS search on an unsolvable problem, and have a global
constraint of my own design, along with some distinct constraints.

Some time into the search, i return ES_FAILED from my propagate
function(not for the first time), which is usually followed by a my
propagators copy constructor being called, followed by my Space's copy
method. However, in this case i get:
"Exception: Space::clone: Attempt to invoke operation on failed space."

just after my propagate method returns ES_FAILED.

I realize that im not providing adequate information to debug this
problem, but perhaps you could give me a hint on what could cause
this?

Regards