[gecode-users] Compilation problem with GecodeJ 1.0.0 (debian linux)

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Oct 6 16:18:26 CEST 2006

Hi.

> Finally I managed to compile and run an example (thanks to
> Gregoire's help).
>
> I had to use the following options for configure :
>
> ./configure
> Gecode_CFLAGS="-I/home/szampelli/UCL/Recherche/Code/release-1.3.0/
> -I/home/szampelli/UCL/Recherche/Code/release-1.3.0/gecode/"
> Gecode_LIBS="-L/home/szampelli/UCL/Recherche/Code/release-1.3.0/
> -lgecodesearch -lgecodeint -lgecodeset -lgecodekernel -
> lgecodeminimodel"

Ok, you probably didn't have pkg-config installed, and that's why
configure complained to set those variables. I'm afraid that doesn't
work too well, it gives you exactly the problems you describe below.
I have updated the documentation to say that you need pkg-config to
install Gecode/J, as this makes life a lot easier.

> I has also to comment this depend in build.xml in order to get ant
> running :
>
> 35 <!--    <depend srcdir="."
> 36            destdir="build"
> 37            cache="depcache"
> 38            closure="yes"

On some systems, you need to install a package called ant-optional
(e.g. on Debian). This will give you the dependency checker. I'll add
that to the requirements, thanks.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack