[gecode-users] C++ search tree viewer

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Oct 6 16:13:31 CEST 2006

Hi everyone.

I hope I can do some of you a favour by announcing a preview version
of the Gecode/C++ search tree explorer. You can get it from our svn at

https://svn.gecode.org/svn/explorer/trunk/

It is based on Trolltech's Qt toolkit and should compile on Linux,
Mac OS and Windows. You will need at least Qt 4.1. The build system
uses Trolltech's qmake (we'll probably change that later). To build
the explorer, just run configure and then make - we don't provide any
install target yet. Configure assumes that you have pkg-config
installed, and that it can find the Gecode config files (otherwise
you'll have to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to <prefix>/lib/pkgconfig if you
installed Gecode to <prefix>).

This should give you a library libGecodeExplorer.so (on Linux,
different names on different platforms...). You can have a look at
the example file test.cc to get an idea how to use it.

To compile test.cc, just run (using gcc on Linux or Mac OS)

g++ `pkg-config --cflags gecode gecode-minimodel` -c test.cc -o test.o
g++ -o test `pkg-config --libs gecode gecode-minimodel` -L. -
lGecodeExplorer test.o

There are no fancy menus yet, but you can try the context menu on
search nodes. I hope this tool will be useful, and I would be happy
to get some feedback.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack