[gecode-users] Compilation problem with GecodeJ 1.0.0 (debian linux)

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:42:47 CEST 2006

On 10/3/06, Zampelli Stephane <Stephane.Zampelli at info.ucl.ac.be> wrote:
> I have the following error when executing an example with GecodeJ :
>
> GecodeJ/release-1.0.0/$ java -Djava.library.path=. examples.Queens
> Gecode native code library failed to load.
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /home/szampelli/UCL/Recherche/Code/GecodeJ/release-1.0.0/libgecodejava.so:
> /home/szampelli/UCL/Recherche/Code/GecodeJ/release-1.0.0/libgecodejava.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZTIN6Gecode6Search10MemoryStopE
>
> I successfully compiled Gecode release-1.3.0 and GecodeJ release-1.0.0.

This (most probably) means that the Gecode library was compiled
without RTTI information, which is needed for the Gecode/J-bindings to
work.

To fix this, reconfigure Gecode with --disable-gcc-visibility and the recompile.

Hope this helps,
Mikael

--
Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/