[gecode-users] std::set to Gecode::IntVar conversion

Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Thu May 11 07:03:12 CEST 2006

On 5/10/06, Martin Mann <qyu at gmx.de> wrote:
> Or is there a std::OutputIterator derived iterator class for IntVar, so
> I can use std::copy? I only found IntVarValues but the usage is not the
> standard iterator behavior.

The interface of Gecode iterators has different requirements (typical
usage, efficiency) than the iterator-style used by STL.

If you need to use stl-iterators with Gecode and vice-versa, writing
wrappers to convert iterator-behaviour is not that complicated though.

On 5/10/06, Martin Mann <mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Meanwhile, I am looking for set operations for IntSet variables like union
> or intersection.
> I am used to them by Mozart or Ilog. Are they available in Gecode?

Operations such as these are available for iterators in Gecode. The
documentation for these operations are available at [1]. For some more
information about iterators and views (used when implementing
propagators), see the paper at [2].

Cheers
Mikael

[1] http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/group__FuncIter.html