[gecode-users] [Help] Killer sudoku model (newbie)

Jean-Christophe Godart jc at freesoft.be
Wed Mar 22 10:42:13 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm new to gecode and currently evaluating it.

My problem is to solve Killer Sudoku AKA Samunamupure or Sum Number
place
It's like a regular sudoku except the givens are sums of cages over
cells.
So I adapted the (regular) sudoku example. Looking at the MagicSquare
sample for sum related constraints.
I made a test program for a rudimentary problem of a 2x2 killer sudoku :
16 cells = int vars array, 4 rows, columns & blocks = dinstinct, 6
cages = linear and dinstinct
I must have made something wrong since it does not find a solution (and
I know there is a unique one)

Source file is here
http://sudoku.apinc.org/killer.cc

FYI
gecode 1.0.1
Examples Sudoku (all 3 variants) & MagicSquare are working fine.
Mac OS X 10.4.5, gcc 4.0

Please help

TIA
--