[gecode-users] access to Space during branching?

Luis Quesada luque at info.ucl.ac.be
Mon Jun 5 12:00:34 CEST 2006

Christian Schulte wrote:

>Yes, you got it right. It has been really a mistake to not pass a space
>argument to branch: everything is constructed in such a way that one never
>has to store a space anywhere: no Gecode data structure stores a space, all
>is passed as arguments.

Thanks for your confirmation.

In fact, this made me remember another question: suppose that in my
program all the propagators are using the same views of the variables
(i.e., there is only one view per variable) and theses views are updated
in the constructor for cloning of the space. Is it correct to say that
there is no need of updating these views in the constructor for cloning
of the propagators (since these views are already updated in the
constructor for cloning of the space)?

Luis