[gecode-users] Unexpected propagation/search behaviour

Lars Otten ottenl at student.chalmers.se
Wed Jan 25 15:35:06 CET 2006

Hi Christian,

thank you very much for your efforts!

On 01/25/06 10:59, Christian Schulte wrote:
> even after looking more carefully to your code I can't see the reason.
> Please try to simplify.

Do you mean simplifying the propagator algorithm? Or simplifying the code
and descriptions I sent to the mailing list?

> I would assume that Gecode is not guilty ;-)

That is of course my assumption as well, still the observed behaviour is
somewhat peculiar...

> Also, which version of Gecode do you use? (I saw that you hacked it somehow
> with a rand function?)

I'm using version 1.0.0.

And as my final goal is to add randomization to the search algorithm, I will
need to 'hack' it with such elements -- in fact, as you noticed, I have
already commenced some things in this respect.

But so far none of these are really used anywhere; what you are probably
refering to is just a field I added to the Space class pointing to a
'centralized' function for random numbers (which I have removed again
meanwhile).

I am going on an extended weekend trip tomorrow, so I will probably look
into the whole issue some more next week.

Thank you so far,

/Lars