[gecode-users] ViewArray <-> VarArgArray

Lars Otten ottenl at student.chalmers.se
Mon Jan 16 17:30:10 CET 2006

Hi,

first of all thank you very much for the quick reply.

On 01/16/06 08:47, Guido Tack wrote:
> Great. Please keep us informed of your progress!

I guess it's only a matter of time until I'll have some more issues /
questions to post here, so by that you'll be kept up to date. ;)

> To create a new propagator during propagation, you need to call the
> propagator's post method instead of posting it through the modelling
> interface as you do now.

OK, for the equality propagator that was an easy change.

For the element propagator, however, it is not that simple. While my class
currently has fields of type ViewArray<IntView>, something of type
IdxView<IntView>* is required for the array argument of
Element::ViewDom<IntView,IntView>::post(...).

My first idea was to introduce a new field in my propagator of just that
type -- but then I'd have two views for the same variable array, which seems
somehow redundant to me. So I decided to replace the respective field of
type ViewArray<IntView> with the IdxView<IntView>* thing, which entailed
several other changes.

Doing this I ran into several problems, both at compile time and
subsequently at runtime. I will continue to look into this, though...

Again, thank you very much so far.

/Lars