[gecode-users] Analysing search performance

Christian Schulte schulte at imit.kth.se
Tue Feb 28 10:01:02 CET 2006

For the time being, the only support you can get is by using a standard C++
profiler. If you are using gcc for compiling just use gprof the see what is
happening. In order to compiler for gprog you have to give -pg as option for
gcc (just check the gcc doc).

Did you at least check the search space? That is, how big is the search tree
with what you have and how big is that in [1]. If you are talking vastly
different trees there is no point in alayzing performance but your model.

Christian Schulte, http://www.imit.kth.se/~schulte/