[gecode-users] saving the way to one of the solution in a file

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Dec 4 14:41:38 CET 2006

> nevertheless I wonder why the webpage http://www.gecode.org/gecodej/
> indicates that Gecode/J allows to implement search engines using
> copying
> and recomputation.
>
> Don't you think I could program a new search engine totally in java as
> it's done for Gist ?

Sorry, I maybe wasn't very clear on this. You can write the search
engine in Java, it's just that you can't take an existing one and
modify it, but you'll have to start from scratch. I wanted to suggest
that you look at the C++ code, and then more or less port that to
Java, adjusting it to your needs. The space interfaces are very
similar in C++ and Java, so porting stuff is relatively easy.