[gecode-users] random / mod

Torsten Anders torstenanders at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 12:34:57 CEST 2006

Dear Guido,

On 23.08.2006, at 22:01, Guido Tack wrote:
> I'll be very interested in seeing music applications of the set
> constraints! Let me know if you need any special propagators or have
> interesting ideas for modeling!

Here are a number of musical applications of constraint programming:

	http://strasheela.sourceforge.net/strasheela/doc/
StrasheelaExamples.html

The harmonisation examples (Automatic Melody Harmonisation and
Microtonal Chord Progression) internally apply set constraints and
modulo constraints. However, in order to simplify the definition of
these not quite trivial examples, they make use of generic
functionality provided by Strasheela (i.e. the set constraints are
applied to the chord representation defined by Strasheela's generic
harmony model).

Best,
Torsten

PS: all examples are implemented in Oz.

--
Torsten Anders
Sonic Arts Research Centre • Queen's University Belfast