[gecode-users] random / mod

Kilian Sprotte ml13 at onlinehome.de
Tue Aug 22 17:23:11 CEST 2006

Dear Lars,

Am 22.08.2006 um 14:53 schrieb Lars Otten:

> As mentioned above, I'm just finishing my Master's thesis (which in
> turn is
> based on a conference paper on randomization in CP). But it doesn't
> really
> cover the technical aspect of implementing randomization but
> focuses more on
> how to exploit it in theory and practice.

I am sure, you will tell us, when it is finished? :) I had a look for
your paper on the web, found some traces, but it does not seem to be
online ...

> Maybe my quote above helps you to get the hang of it already;
> otherwise just
> ask questions. Also I could maybe offer sending you the resp.
> portions of my
> modified code (parts of it should already have been posted here
> some time
> ago). This is, hoever, still based on an older version of Gecode
> (1.0.1 I
> think) and I currently don't have the time to make the transit to
> 1.2.x. It
> might give you the idea, though...

If you would like to share your code that would be great -- maybe I
can try to adapt it for 1.2.x and report to you about my progress. I
think I understand the general idea, but part of the  problem for me
is of course also just to know where to subclass etc...

Ciao,
   Kilian

> P.S. You might want to CC your future responses to users at gecode.org
> as well,
> so others can profit from and participate in the discussion as well.

Okay, I just overlooked that, sorry...