[gecode-users] What do Gecode::rel (Space *home, SetVar s, IntRelType r, IntVar x)

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue Apr 18 08:42:59 CEST 2006

Hi.

> someone know how works this propagator's gecode .
>
> void Gecode::rel (Space *home, SetVar s, SetRelType r, IntVar x)
> void Gecode::rel (Space *home, SetVar s, IntRelType r, IntVar x)
>
> and why they are different?

Sorry, the documentation for the second propagator is not correct.

The first one treats the IntVar like a singleton set. So e.g. rel
(home, s, SRT_SUP, x) propagates that s is a superset of {x},
basically meaning that x is an element of s (and similarly for the
other SetRelTypes).
The second form states "all elements in s are in relation r with x".
E.g., rel(home, s, IRT_LQ, x) means that all elements of s are less
than or equal to x.

I'll update the documentation accordingly, thanks for pointing this out.