[gecode-users] Posting propagator : IntView lifetime ?

jeremie.vautard jeremie.vautard at laposte.net
Wed Apr 12 11:24:10 CEST 2006

Hi !

I have been checking how some of  the public static post
members of propagator classes works for posting constraints
passing IntVar arguments, however I get lost in the code. Can
anyone tell me exactly how this works ? If I understand well,
for the subscription part, it is only necessary to create the
Intview, subscribe the new propagator to this view, and then,
the view can be destroyed, as the subscription called the
InVarImp subscribe method. But, concerning the domain
shrinking of the variables, I have to keep a trace of the
views of the variables I possibly modify. During space
cloning, how is the update of these views managed ? Must I
create new views from the IntVars each time the propagate()
method is called ?

My point is to create a propagator which concerns two integer
variables and post it using only the intVars of the concerned
two variables. What is the best way to do this ?

Jérémie Vautard

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)