[gecode-users] Gecode doesn't compile

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Oct 26 10:18:40 CEST 2005

Hi.

> Hi, I've try to compile gecode in Debian using gcc 3.3 but it didn't work.
>
> Are there problems with compilation? or should I use gcc-4?

Although the documentation pages still mention gcc 3.3 as minimum requirement,
this is not actually true any more. We rely on some things in the C++
standard that only gcc 4 (or probably the 3.4 versions) implements correctly.
Therefore, we will most probably not support gcc 3.3 in our final release. I
hope it's not too big a problem for you all to port your code.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Saarbrücken
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack