[Gecode] Space consumption of set variables

Gabor Szokoli szokoli at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue Oct 11 23:33:00 CEST 2005

Guido Tack wrote:

>My conclusion
>is that additional propagation conditions are expensive, and should only be
>used if a lot of propagators can really make use of the stronger information.
>This does not seem to be the case with cardinality PCs for set constraints.

Hi all,

I know nothing is too expensive for the guy who just watches, and that
this implies a horrible nightmare of a build process, with exponential
number of scenarios to test and maintain, but I just have to say it:
Maybe these kind of alternative implementations could be factorised into
build options of the library, so double-plus-expert users could tweak
them to fit their problem domains?
It just seems like such a waste to permanently drop a setup which might
benefit some (agreed, probably not many) propagators.

Gabor Szokoli