[gecode-users] How to create distributing strategies

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Nov 30 11:23:36 CET 2005

Hi!

> We are currently working in a project related to scheduling. We need a
> distributor like Schedule.firstsDist in Mozart.
>
> 1. How is called a "distributor" in gecode?

It's called "branching".

> 2. Will (or does) gecode implements this distributor?

Not yet. In fact, except for the cumulatives constraint, we don't have any
propagators for scheduling constraints yet, and hence haven't implemented
branchings for scheduling either.

> 3. How can we implement out custom distribution strategies?

As long as the tutorial documentation is not available, you will have to take
an existing branching together with the reference documentation and figure
out how it works. The current branchings for integer variables can be found
in the files int/branch.* and int/branch/*. Please have a look at these files
and their documentation, and if anything is not clear to you, feel free to
use the mailing list for any questions that come up.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Saarbrücken
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack