[gecode-users] Compiling Gecode in gcc 3.3 success

tack at ps.uni-sb.de tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Sun Nov 6 09:06:43 CET 2005

> Hi, do you want to support gcc 3.3.x?
>
> I can compile almost all gecode (except minimodel and of course,
> examples) using gcc 3.3.6 in gentoo linux (with a modification in the
> source code of gecode).

That really depends on the modifications. We do not want to put any hacks
and workarounds into the code just to support gcc 3.3. If it is clean
standard C++ and doesn't look uglier than what we have now, please tell us
how you did it ;-)
Otherwise, if it's something that will need a comment in the code à la "we
shouldn't be doing it this way but gcc 3.3 forces us", we do not want to
support it. We already have to test every check-in with a bunch of
different compilers on different operating systems, so maintaining another
one that is even outdated is beyond our manpower.