[Gecode] design question

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Mar 3 16:07:41 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 15:51, Christian Schulte wrote:
> I am sorry but from what you say I cannot come up with any suggestion but
> to use a debugger...

>From what I see here, you may have hit one of the main design decisions in
Gecode: When a space fails, it can be in an arbitrarily screwed up state. If
I understand you correctly, you perform some propagation, and if that fails,
you go on with some other propagation in the same space. If failing the first
propagation means that one variable is actually failed, you may not use the
space any longer. I think this can easily lead to segmentation faults, can't
it, Christian?

http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack