[Gecode] Memory leak in the sets

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Sep 1 17:26:05 CEST 2004

Hi.

Unfortunately we have a memory leak in the n-ary set propagators, and I have
no idea how to fix it: some n-ary propagators keep a GrowingSet containing
e.g. the union of the already determined variables. The memory for this set
of course comes from the space, but it is never freed. We cannot give a
destructor for IntegerSets because that would need the home space (for
dispose of a free list).
I have taken care of all the other intermediate results we store in integer
sets, although this is also not optimal - you have to dispose the sets
manually when you don't use them any longer.
Maybe we should think of a different data structure for these intermediates.

Guido Tack
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack