[Gecode] RE: Gecode request.

Christian Schulte schulte at imit.kth.se
Tue Jul 27 15:30:43 CEST 2004

Hi Sathi,

in principle, it is absolutely possible for you to get the library, the only
thing we have to do before we can hand it out is attaching a license to it
(this will be a free license anyway).

However, we are currently in the process of making everything ready for a
first formal release (planned to be at the beginning of october). That means
that the design of the library is almost finished (a part from quirk
removal). The interface for users such as you will undergo some heavy
revision though. Another thing that is almost not there (a part from
examples) is reasonable documentation.

As said, of course you can get the library but for you it would be better if
you could wait a little bit (unless you are willing to endure some hardship
;-)).

Please allow me to also address your second question about constructive
disjunction: Gecode does not support constructive disjunction. In a second
development step, the goal will be to provide very powerful constraint
combination mechanisms (inspired by my PhD work). There, constructive
disjunction will be one part of it.

You did you come across Gecode anyway? Would you be willing to be abused by
us as Guinea pig?

Cheers and thanks for your interest!
Christian

PS: Keep on checking www.gecode.org...