[Gecode] Distributors, batch recomputation

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Jul 14 11:58:30 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 11:49 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> Your scenario is of course a desaster for recomputation. However, it is
> also a desaster for non-recomputation: the addition of further constraints
> can break it anyway (anyt constraint on either a or b will do). So it's
> boned anyway.
>
> But what is clear is that I have to come up with an invariant that
> describes hwat are you allowed to do when you want to use recomputation. A
> simple restriction (the same as used in Oz) is to restrict us to the case
> that there is only one branching to be created at any time. That will do.

Ok, so I just overestimated the power of Combinators::Selection ;-) Wouldn't
it in this case be enough to propagate only when there are no more active
distributors? Maybe it's not so important at the moment, we should just
remember that we have to think about all this again.

--
Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab