[Gecode] Views break ModEvent-driven propagators

Christian Schulte schulte at imit.kth.se
Mon Jul 12 14:58:42 CEST 2004

Guido is absolutely right about that. The fix is that a view must be able to
translate a VarModEvent to a potential ModEvent. For an example see the int
stuff (as I am late Guido has also done it for the set stuff).

The comment with uniform propagators is misleading. Please keep in mind that
varmodevent information is always very weak as it makes a statement about
all variables of the same type -- regardless of its view.

By the way, a paper describing some ideas found in Gecode appears at CP 2004
and is available here:

http://www.imit.kth.se/~schulte/paper.html?id=SchulteStuckey:CP:2004

Christian Schulte, http://www.imit.kth.se/~schulte/