[Gecode] Namespaces

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Jul 7 16:05:36 CEST 2004

Hi.

Attached to this mail you find a diagram showing a possible reorganization of
the namespaces in Gecode. This won't solve our problems with the API, though:
A Gecode user should see a special variable view (which doesn't allow posting
basic constraints or messing up the variable in any other way), propagator
post functions, and the usual Space interface. Gabor and I came to the
conclusion that, with our current design, we cannot really enforce this, the
user will always be able to mess things up if he really wants to. So the
namespaces will give a hint on which interfaces one should use and which one
shouldn't touch.

Comments?

--
Guido Tack