[Gecode] Static post methods again...

Christian Schulte schulte at imit.kth.se
Wed Nov 19 10:51:41 CET 2003

Dear all,

I am not yet convinced that the introduction for static post method for each
class really makes sense: in many cases the simplification of propagators
according to certain variable domains will be done anyway upon first
invocation of the propagator. So putting this decision making again in the
post method will lead to a code blowup while it is not likely that
performance will noticable imptove (it might decrease do to increasing code
size).

So I suggest that while this is not yet clear we refrain from adding this
stuff without feeling a clear necessitiy to do so.

Christian Schulte, http://www.imit.kth.se/~schulte/