[Gecode] FW: PowerB

Gabor Szokoli szokoli at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Nov 7 11:35:44 CET 2003

Is it possible to have the list server insert a reply-to header pointing
to the list into the messages?

Christian Schulte wrote:

>>I guess I could move all decision logic from plain post functions to
>>PBPFs, and get a good overview of all the propagators?
>>

>Right, absolutely!

OK.
All propagators get a static void post function.
Most of the time it does nothing but instantiates the propagator object,
sometimes checks for equality among variables if special-case
propagators exist.
All propagator object instantiations are replaced by calls to this function:
-in API post functions
-in propagate function PS_ENTAILED branches

Question:
You'll probably want these functions inlined (even though they are not
called in search :-) ), so I have to figure out more about your conding
conventions, is this about right?
Declarations (class.hh) are collapsed by class families into familyName.hh
Implementations (class.cc) are collapsed for all specail cases of a
propagator into propagatorName.cc
Inline implementations (class.icc) go in propagatorName.hh

>>Guido has told me since:
>>#define intvar2boolvar(intvar)  static_cast<BoolVar>(intvar.core())
>>

>DON'T! This makes assumptions on object outside methods. That's not C++.

After Java, C++ feels like ASM++ anyway :-/

>And
>look's wrong to me.

Seems to work, I copied it from the alice binding...

>It is just about a copy conbstructor

[...]

>Maybe I should add that.

Please do.

>Computer scientist use base 2, of course. Reason: exact and fast algorithms.

How do you squeeze it out of mlib?

>>>6, Do you have any preference in unit testing
>>>frameworks? Anything against CppUnit?
>>>

>No real opinion yet. CppUnit seems not mature enough. And I have been
>thinking more on how to derive tests automatically as this appears a much
>harder task... The rest we can do whatever we like.

I used JUnit a lot, it was nice and convinient. Without reflection,
CppUnit seems like more hassle, but I'll give it a try and report. It's
nice that it integrates with my IDE (eclipse.org), but the real question
is if it fits continous integration watchdogs like cruisecontrol or
tinderbox well.

I've never used automatic test case derivation, but it sure sounds cool :-)