[Gecode] Announcement: FS constraints prototype

duchier at ps.uni-sb.de duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Dec 5 15:14:27 CET 2003

Guido Tack <tack at ps.uni-sb.de> writes:

> Hm, according to Tobias' thesis it's "subset of union" and "superset of
> intersection" ?!? ;-)

ah well, then according to me too :-) I must have tripped over my
latex (this happens when you've been debugging assembler too long)

> Is it true that in Mozart, no cardinality information is propagated at all
> unless you explicitly create a cardinality variable?

propagated to where? :-)

As I said, a mozart FS var keeps track of min/max of the cardinality
using two integer data members.  These maybe modified in 3 ways:

- when the upper/lower bounds of the set change dur to propagation
- when there is a cardinality FD variable connected to the FS variable
  by the cardinality propagator
- when FS.cardRange is invoked

The Mozart FS.card propagator listens to the modification events as
described by these statements:

  OZ_EXPECT_SUSPEND(pe, 0, expectFSetVarAny, dummy);
  OZ_EXPECT_SUSPEND(pe, 1, expectIntVarMinMax, dummy);

Denys Duchier - Équipe Calligramme - LORIA, Nancy, France